WWII Mythos Campaign
Resources | Page 2
• 1922: A rising German demagogue is quoted as saying: “Once I really am in power, my first and foremost task will be the annihilation of the Jews. As soon as I have the power to do so, I will have gallows built in rows—at the Marienplatz in Munich, for example—as many as traffic allows. Then the Jews will be hanged indiscriminately, and they will remain hanging until they stink; they will hang there as long as the principles of hygiene permit. As soon as they have been untied, the next batch will be strung up, and so on down the line, until the last Jew in Munich has been exterminated. Other cities will follow suit, precisely in this fashion, until all Germany has been completely cleansed of Jews”
• 1923: The demagogue, whose name is Adolf Hitler, attempts to gather together his followers and Seize Power in Munich. He is arrested and tried for treason.
• 1925/26: Volumes 1 and 2 of Mein Kampf are published
• 1933: The Nazis open Dachau, a concentration camp for the extrajudicial imprisonment of their opponents. Initially the camp primarily contains Communists and Social Democrats.
• 1934: Adolf Hitler becomes the Chancellor of Germany, quickly seizing power to become a dictator.
• 1935: Hitler introduces the Nuremberg Laws, which prohibit “Aryans” from having sexual relations or marriages with Jews, strips German Jews of their citizenship, and deprives them of all civil rights. At the same time, the Nazis begin to use propaganda to promulgate the concept of Rassenschande (race defilement) to justify the need for these laws.
We are playing Trail of Cthulhu, a role-playing game which has been streamlined to focus on investigation over combat. You will be dealing with both human conflict and the horrors of the Cthulhu Mythos, but you don’t need to be familiar with the latter to play.
The year is 1938. You, a close friend, or a relative is a member of of the American Jewish Reformist Society, a collective of ethnic Jews and activists in New York city. Their goal is to push for social and intellectual reform to combat anti-semitism in America, but anti-semitism and pro-nazi sentiments are on the rise. The upper class are turning the middle class and poor against the Jewish people, using their desperation to not be on the bottom of the social food chain to manipulate them.
Write a backstory from 1 paragraph to 2 pages describing your character. I recommend skimming the Occupations (p. 9 of the rulebook which is provided in the Resources link below) and using the profession you intend to take from Trail of Cthulhu as a guideline. Your backstory can be in short story format, bullet points, or a combination of the two.
Once you have skimmed the Occupations and written a backstory, read through the sections of the rulebook outlined in the Resources page below